Project name: Promoting Sustainable Regional Development through Additive Manufacturing: A Cross-Border Initiative for a Resilient and Circular Economy
Project acronym: ADDCIRCLES
Program: INTERREG SI AT
Goal: The main objective of ADDCIRCLES is to empower regional companies and networks for AM. The technology is perfectly suited to the region's business landscape, enabling the production of high value-added products through the development of sustainable solutions. As such, ADDCIRCLES will stimulate the region to transition to a resilient and circular economy. ADDCIRCLES aims to drive the implementation of AM in a way that improves resource efficiency in manufacturing and promotes recycling and the use of natural materials. The objective will be achieved by building a cooperation network of different transboundary value chains, as well as through two pilot projects on knowledge transfer at different stakeholder levels.
Based on these challenges, ADDCIRCLES has the following three objectives:
- To develop innovative solutions and methodologies for green AM and to achieve closed material loops with AM.
- Promote the implementation of AM at the industrial level through networking and real business cases.
- To strengthen the knowledge of AM among professionals at different levels.
- Faculty of Polymer Technology, Slovenia (coordinator)
- Carinthian University of Applied Sciences, Austria
- TECOS, Tool and Die Development Center, Slovenia
- WoodKPlus, Austria
- Zavod za gradbeništvo, Slovenia
- "GPS-Kärnten" Gemeinnütziges Personalservice Kärnten GmbH, Austria
Lead partner: Faculty of Polymer Technology
Project coordinator: Maja Mešl
Duration of the project: 1. 11. 2023 – 31. 10. 2026