HIP – Development of low-cost, lightweight highly insulating polymers for refrigerated transport
The project with the acronyl HIP focused on development of low-cost, lightweight highly insulating polymers for refrigerated transport, heating and cooling installations
It began in 2010 and lasted for 3 years. It was financed with EU funds
The aim of this project, which included 12 partners from various European countries, was to develop a better termic insulation material, which is light and already in a thin layer enables better insulation than existing materials (approx. 0,015 W/Km and durability of at least 25 years).
Partners of the project HIP:
- Thermal Insulation Contractors Association -TICA, United Kingdom,
- The Environmental & Sustainable Construction Association, Ireland,
- Turkish Society of HVAC & Sanitary Engineers - TTMD, Turkey,
- Tecnove Fiberglass S.L., Spain,
- Greenscheme Limited, United Kingdom,
- Serrano Amorros S.L., Spain,
- Durham University, United Kingdom,
- Heatrae Sadia Heating, United Kingdom,
- The UK Materials Research Institute - MATRI, United Kingdom,
- Visoka šola za tehnologijo polimerov, Slovenia,
- Norner Innovation AS, Norway.